Nigeria: Boko Haram's disturbing video threats
Nigeria's Islamic extremist leader is threatening to sell more than 200 teenage schoolgirls abducted from a school in the remote northeast of the country three weeks ago, in a new video released on Sunday. Abubakar Shekau of the Boko Haram group also claimed responsibility for the April 15 mass abduction, warning that his group plans to attack more schools and abduct more girls. He said girls as young as nine years old would be sold for marriage, stating that "God has commanded me to sell". Shekau also said that believers must be separated from unbelievers and called on "brethren" to behead those who don't believe. The date, location or authenticity of the video cannot be independently verified. It was unclear if the video was made before or after reports emerged last week that some of the girls had been forced to marry their abductors, who paid a nominal bride price of $12 (£7) - and that others have been carried into neighbouring Cameroon and Chad. Those reports could not be verified. On Sunday night, Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan said his administration was doing everything possible to ensure the schoolgirls are released. Source: APTNGet the latest headlines http://www.telegraph.co.uk/Subscribe to The Telegraph http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=telegraphtvLike us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/telegraph.co.ukFollow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/telegraphFollow us on Google+ https://plus.google.com/102891355072777008500/Telegraph.co.uk and YouTube.com/TelegraphTV are websites of The Daily Telegraph, the UK's best-selling quality daily newspaper providing news and analysis on UK and world events, business, sport, lifestyle and culture.